The minimum bet with the Totes is generally $0.50 and $1.00 with the Bookies (Fixed). This may vary for some bet types however you will be advised if you try to place a bet for an amount lower than the minimum.
There is no maximum bet with the Totes. With our Fixed Price providers, the maximum bet will depend on the type of market that you are betting on, the expected hold and, in some cases, how far out you are betting from race jump.
Some examples of this are:
1) The maximum bet on a Country Greyhound race may be to create a liability of $1,500 but $20,000 on a Saturday Metropolitan Gallops race.
2) The maximum bet on a Harness Race may be $1,000 with 3 minutes to jump but this might increase to $3,000 in the last minute before the race.
If you try to place a bet larger than the maximum bet accepted on that market, you will generally receive the maximum bet amount placed at the price you requested with the remainder of the bet refunded. In some cases, your entire bet will be refunded and you will need to try a smaller amount.
At this stage, bets are only accepted via our web site, http://www.theoddsbroker.com. However, you will soon be able to bet with us over the phone and via a mobile phone application. We will advise our members when these options are available.
No. Once you have placed your bet by clicking the green Bet button, you cannot cancel the bet.
Once you have opened a The Odds Broker account, you can deposit funds via Credit Card, Debit Card, POLi, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or Direct Bank Deposit. You must have sufficient funds in your account to cover the amount of your bet(s) - the Odds Broker does not offer credit.
As soon as the dividends are declared and our betting providers pay their winning bets, you will immediately be credited with your winnings in to your The Odds Broker account.
The Odds Broker operates from 9:00 am AEST each day until the last race. If you would like to bet outside these hours please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Some users with smaller computer monitors may have difficulty seeing all the information on The Odds Broker site. To maximise the amount of information you can see, you can:
1) Set your screen resolution to 1280 x 1024 (or higher if possible).
2) Press F11 to set your browser to full screen mode. You can press F11 again to get out of full screen mode.
3) Zoom to 75% by pressing "Ctrl" and "-" on your keyboard. You can press "Ctrl" and "+" on your keyboard to zoom back in.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions or require help:
|On-line:||Click on the Live Chat button at the Top Right of The Odds Broker page|
|Phone:||(02) 9387 8503|